I have permission to share Iwillpickonelater’s review of DadaABC. If you are interested in working for DadaABC please you the referral code:
DadaABC ,The online company I’ve been teaching for, is looking for new teachers. It’s an easy gig and the pay is good considering how easy it is, so if any of you are looking for a job or want to supplement your income, it might be worth checking out. Here’s my review of working for DadaABC –
- PAY – The pay was the highest I could find for any online company, after some negotiation I got $22US (150RMB)/hour, but it is based on experience. I believe the range is from $15-$25.
- SHORT CLASSES – regular classes are only 30 mins and trial classes are 14 mins, so it’s over and done pretty quick.
- OWN HOURS – There are set hours to choose from (Evenings during the week, mornings on the weekend (Shanghai Time)) but you can choose to work as little or as much as you want
- 50% PAY IF NO CLASS – during your set hours if you don’t have class, you still get 50% of your pay, although personally my schedule filled up right away
- MATERIAL – the company provides it’s own software that acts as a virtual textbook. It’s not the best, but I’ve also seen worse. Either way I do absolutely no prep time before class, I don’t even have to preview the material.
- THE PENALTIES – Every time you mess up they fine you, and the fines can add up pretty quickly. Be 10 minutes late for a class and you’re basically teaching the rest of the class for free. If you miss the whole class, then not only will you not get paid for that class but they’ll take an additional fine out of your paycheck.
- TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES – as we all know sometimes your internet cuts out and there’s nothing you can do about it. Well they consider this to be your fault and they’ll penalize you for it. I find it acceptable however because of their high wages and the fact that these outages are fairly rare for me, but if your internet connection isn’t stable, then this probably isn’t for you.
- LOOK PROFESSIONAL – for me this is a no-brainer, but I think they’ve had big problems in the past with teachers eating during class, teaching in their pajamas, teaching while laying in bed, being on their phone during the lesson, etc. All of these will get you penalized.
TLDR – Don’t be late and be professional and you shouldn’t have any problems. The job is really easy and you can work as little as 2 hours a week, so it’s a good way to supplement your current income. Super easy format so it’s especially good for new teachers.