So why Pinterest?
Increase traffic to your website? Pinterest is probably the most underutilized platform that does just that. Creating pins can be quick and easy. So many people think of Pinterest as a recipe magnet (and it is) but it can be used for so much more. I created a YouTube video on Pinterest if you need a visual to go with this post.
Well, the social media world seems to be limitless when the topic of increasing traffic arises. Keep in mind that you’ve got to be wise about how to attract your target audience. Your creativity can help you a lot in making a great impression and keep up with it.
And what is more amazing is that we can generate organic traffic through a platform – Pinterest. Pinterest is a social media platform that you should include in your marketing. Let us learn about how powerful it is to your audience.
Reason# 1: Your pins are active for weeks, compare that to Twitter and Facebook!
Reason# 2: It drives more visits.
With that being said, how can we gather more interaction using this platform?
Here are 4 ways to increase traffic by elevating your techniques on pinnings.
Step #1: Go ahead and sign up for an account.
If you still don’t have an existing account, sign up or if you already have one, open up a business account. This will really let you see the impact of what you are doing on the platform.
To help you on decision making, data is available when you access the Pinterest Analytics.
Step #2: Give the best description of the pin. This will tell your readers what is it all about. More than that, here are some tips on how to make a pin more successful and to maximize its potential.
- To create more engagements, your pin should show that it is needed or gives a solution to what pinners are seeking.
- It has to be very precise. A short and direct explanation of what the pin is all about. Yet with the good amount of information to make it understandable. Hence, this will attract them to click and be directed to your website.
- Make it interesting. Use words that will target the emotions of your audience. Like motivations or positive outlooks that you want to share.
- Finally, make sure that you use a call-to-action. Invite the pinners to click or to go beyond browsing the photos. This is where you have to call them to make a move. Words such as, “ to find out more, click here” or ”visit this link to know”.
Step #3: Do it at the perfect time. Timing is everything. Yes, you have to publish your pins at the best time of the day. This is the best strategy for making it soar and get more repins.
Like on Facebook and Instagram time or right schedule creates an impact. As the pattern and the behavior of your audience seen, as well as measured.
Most people spend time on the screen or net when they are not busy at work or from school. Honestly, I am too busy to be attached at the hip with my pinning, so I use Tailwind. Tailwind is awesome as you can preset your pinning and still gain an audience. As a loyal member of the TeacherCes community, I will send you a free month of Tailwind! Give it a try and see if it is for you.
To know this data, simply go to the Pinterest Analytics. This is called audience demographics.
Step #4: A picture tells a story. Make one that will capture not only the eyes but the heart of your audience. It is a way to entice people to follow or pin your images, create something great!
Make the most of it to encourage engagement.
Check out these little tips:
- Correct image size, and a ratio of 2:3 or 4:5 is something you need to use. Click here for more information. The longer photos are more desirable so it can be seen even more by many. Are familiar with Canva? If yes, it should be much easier for you to deal with the photo sizes, since it has great templates.
- The more striking the photo is, the better! Yes, it has to be very attractive. If you are showing food, it needs to be mouth-watering as well. Chose pictures with vibrant colors and contextual background
- Bright colors such as red, orange or pink get more attention, as compared to blue-toned colors. So you make think to include it to make your image stand out.
- Light. Well, sound contradicting. But this just means that images with the lighter color concept are more engaging. As compared to dark-colored photos.
Step #5: To draw attention, place texts into the images. You are using to bring them to your website and generate traffic.
Step #6: Finally, don’t forget the power of a group board, so join in. This is a great way to generate more attraction to your blog. Through this, you can increase your followers.
Pinterest is an attention grabber to pinners. Most especially that the photos that you are showing will give them an idea of what the article is all able. It adds interest, excitement, and attraction. No doubt that a stunning image will capture the hearts of many. And will then generate traffic for your website.
So, before we let you go, just remember: it will start with you a great display of an idea.
As always, leave a comment below to share how you feel about utilizing Pinterest as a source to generate traffic to your business.