As the new year start, we often hear people declaring their new year’s resolutions. From different people of diverse walks of life. But in reality, most resolutions and goal setting often fail as months go on. A study will tell us that only 8% of people actually stick to their new year resolutions according to Forbes.
To help solve these huge unrealistic goals made every year. By most people, we are going to share important tips on how to set realistic goals for this year 2019. Because To have new year’s resolutions and specific goals are better than never at all.
Why is it necessary to set goals?
Every successful people in many fields, like in sports, business and career have set or lists of goals. Setting goals will give you long term vision and short term motivation. As well as the directions of what you need to achieve this year.
According to a very known motivational speaker Zig Ziglar ” If you aim at nothing, then you will hit it every time”. But the most important is when you set your goals it should be realistic. And achievable because that is the best fulfilling event in our life.
Tip#1: Plan your goals. A common mistake in setting goals is lack of enough time of planning. We need to be thinking about what we want to achieve our life this year. Or what are the steps and things that need to prefer or when to start and how to execute the lists To-Do? In planning your goals is should be S.M.A.R.T (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time-bound).
- Specific- when you make your goal it must be specific, not general. It indicates the step by step on how to do your goals, it has specific details on who, what, where, when and why.
- Measurable– include accurate amounts, dates, skills and so on in your goals. So that it can measure the degree of success.
- Attainable– it is important to set goals that are achievable or possible to achieve. Because if you make goals that are impossible to meet it will only frustrate you. And demoralize your confidence.
- Realistic- do not set goals that are beyond your reach or impossible to realize. Remember you only have one year to achieve your goals so consider your short. And long term goal that will be realized in a given period of time.
- Time-bound– you need to set the deadline in every goal you made. It is important to categorize your monthly, quarterly or even a yearly deadline. When you set a time frame your sense of urgency increases.
Tip#2: Make a list or write your goals on a dream board. Writing down your goals or put on the dream board will give you more enforceable. As well as transparency.
- Make priorities. If you have written several goals this year make it sure to give a top priority to those goals. Bear in mind that you need to achieve in a short period of time to avoid feeling overwhelmed and cramming. Always make your goals organize and harmonized.
- Make a positive statement in every goal. Expressing positive thoughts will help you get motivated to push through your goals.
- Keep on moving and don’t be discouraged. You can’t avoid weariness sometimes, don’t quit. Just keeping moving forward until you achieve your goals for this year. If you feel discouraged, always remember “Winner never Quits and Quitter never wins”.
When the new year’s rolls around we all hoped for the better life than previous years. We expect more successes and achievement this year. We make and renew our new year’s resolutions and goals with a positive mind that all will be work.
We hope that with the tips on how to set realistic goals for this year. Your 2019 goals will be realized and achieved.