Teaching ESL (English as a Second Language) online has become very popular in the past couple of years. It has helped stay at home moms, dads, remote workers, and digital nomads alike to teach and work from home. There are many online teaching platforms available with this market, each platform has different teacher requirements. Today we will focus on the demand for such services, for example how you can teach from home with GoGoKid ESL.
Can you believe that a teacher can earn a liveable wage teaching from home? In most cases, you do not need to be highly skilled and a TESOL certificate will be sufficient enough to get started right now! Additionally, having a toolkit of just a few cool props will give you an advantage above the competition. We will show you how a teacher can teach from home and earn an average income of $14-$25 per hour where you can teach from home with GoGoKid ESL.
What is GoGoKid?
If you are not yet familiar with GoGoKid, this is similar to other big players in the online teaching world. These companies originate in China like VIPKid, PalFish, Magic Ears, and many more are taking the limelight. The idea is to connect Chinese students with native speaking English teachers. This gives the Chinese student the opportunity to learn English from a native speaker!
GoGoKid is one of the newest online ESL teachings. This new teaching platform has some online English teachers very excited. They have tried this platform and show optimism about teaching students in China. This is streamlined and easy for the online teacher. They see its popularity compared to other existing services and the number of teachers on this platform is growing every day.
The company aspires to nurture an environment beneficial to education. That will motivate young students in China to commit continuous learning. The interactive and comprehensive platform use to link energetic and experienced teachers. Together with committed students to be ready to explore their full potential.
What makes this so popular?
- GoGo Kid focuses on students from toddlers to teenagers in China.
- Teaching is on one on one and varies their level. But the material is adjusted depends on the student’s knowledge level.
- The platform is taught via the web browser (preferred browser is chrome).
- The students can interact with the class in their new interactive classroom. By using drawings in various colors.
- The materials were provided already and you need only a little preparation.
- The platform is quite natural and a user’s friendly.
What are the basic requirements in applying to Go Go Kid?
- You must be a Native English Speaker. And you must be born and raised in the US and Canada only. If you are not from the mentioned country you need not apply so that you will not waste your time.
- You must have at least one year of experience working or teaching with children
- Bachelor’s degree is required to apply in Go Go Kid
- A certificate like TEFL or TESOL are not required for application
What are the Payment and Incentives Scheme?
You will get $14-$25 per hour including bonuses.
You can earn up to 125% of your base pay per slot when you get high credit points.
You can gain points for teaching classes. By having good parent reviews or commendation, and being high demand. GoGo Kid works on a credit score system.
You will qualify for a $300 bonus if you can teach 3 successful classes within your first 30 days. You can get 60% of your base pay by just opening slots during peak hours time, peak time slots are 7pm-9pm Beijing time.
Teaching English online is a great opportunity for home-based workers. As long as you have a bachelor’s degree, a native English speaker in the US and Canada. And you have at least one year of experience in teaching children. With that, you can earn $14-$25 per hour teaching English online to the Chinese student. While you are in the comfort of your home.